Thursday, September 17, 2009

Non-Dramas

I would like to again touch upon a post by my friend Mike Mullen. In one of his recent blogs, he started talking about the treatment of women on television, and also the treatment of women in the workforce. This caused me to think a little bit, and I realized that, you do not see a lot of situational comedies on television where a woman is cast in the lead role. Sure they are all over the place in drama tv, but not in situational comedies. The last one I can think of is Ellen's show, back in the nineties sometime. I mean I could be wrong on this, and if I am feel free to point it out. But I thought it tied into our class a bit. I mean I really don't know off the top of my head what the nation-wide ratio of man to woman is, so I can't say if they are in fact a minority, but they do still sometimes get treated as such, and under-represented. And I just thought that was interesting.

2 comments:

  1. women in television are still trying to break through not in all areas but some

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole thing is again about how women are being represented in the media. See, most people feel that women are still being misrepresented, and that negative and unrealistic images of women outnumber positive, real representations by the media. which explain why women cant break through in certain areas of the media.

    ReplyDelete